IASTopper.com's Geography Optional Testseries :-
“Geography has made us neighbors. History has made us friends. Economics has made us partners, and necessity has made us allies. Those whom God has so joined together, let no man put asunder. “ - John F. Kennedy
Dear Aspirants ,
Geography is one of the most recommended optional subjects in the UPSC Civil Services Exam. Several toppers take this optional subject in UPSC CSE just to make sure that they clear the exam
Why is Geography chosen by Aspirants as an Optional Subject ?
*Scientific, no rote learning
*Ample study material
*High success ratio
*Overlaps with prelims syllabus
*Will help in General Studies 1, General Studies 3 and Essay papers
*Well defined and limited syllabus
*Popular among Science students, Engineers etc.
*The map-based questions are also scoring and easy to answer.
*It has an important role to play in preliminary exam as around 15 to 20 questions from Geography are asked every year in prelims.
*Geography integrates your prelims and mains preparation. Thus, saving time for other topics.
*Most of the topics of GS paper I of Civil Services Main examination are covered under Geography optional itself.
*GS1: An entire geography section which carries weight somewhere in between 80–100 marks. Some topics like state reorganizations, tribal issues, are also covered in optional.
* GS2: Not much is directly related to geography. But several topics from IR overlaps with geography syllabus. It includes India and its neighbours, Geopolitics of Indian Ocean Region, SAARC, BIMSTEC and so on.
* GS3: The topics covered by geography includes, agriculture, planning and development, cross border crimes, infrastructure, industries, resources, transportation, demographic dividend and so on.
* In GS paper 4 (Ethics, Integrity $ aptitude) of Civil Services Main examination, many thinkers are Geography scholars.
* Again, in the UPSC- Civil Services interview, some questions are asked from Geography irrespective of your academic background.
Geography students practice lots of maps and diagrams. This makes the presentation beautiful. Thus, this can fetch more marks!
How is Geography helpful for prelims?
The trends show that about 10–20 questions are likely to be asked from geography. Especially, with the question related to maps, the geography students can do better. Again, the study of geography is an interesting activity for those who are curious about knowing the places, cities, countries, oceans, the geological facts about earth and so on
WHO SHOULD CHOOSE GEOGRAPHY?
Since, Optional subject constitutes 500 marks out of 1750 in Civil Services main examination, it proves to be a significant factor in deciding your selection. In recent years, Geography optional has helped many candidates in securing Top ranks in UPSC-CSE.
1. INTEREST – Interest in a particular subject should be given top priority while deciding an optional subject. If you are having interest in Geography, you can go for it.
2. BACKGROUND– If you are not having any educational background in technical subject and wish to opt for a non-technical subject, you must go for Geography optional subject. Many of the topics will also overlap with your GS syllabus of civil services examination.
3. RESOURCES– Availability of resource plays an important role in deciding which optional subject one should take. In Geography, adequate study material is available. Although, you are not required to read all of them and experts from IASTopper Academy will guide you properly.
4. In case you choose any other optional subject, then also, you would have to read considerable amount of Geography chapters in GS paper 1, Indian Agriculture in GS paper 3, Current Affairs, etc.
5. If you are left with lesser time, it is advisable to opt for Geography. It will reduce your burden and will save your time.
Considering all these factors we have come up with a comprehensive Test series for Geography Optional.
We have divided the entire syllabus into small coverable parts that can be covered in days given in schedule. Within time frame, candidates can appear for a Test on the topics in well prepared manner. This will
a)help in checking their preparation on the topics mentioned.
b)get feedback and marks on the paper they have written.
c)cover the syllabus in a disciplined manner, which is otherwise difficult.
d)become aware of issues and questions on the topics being prepared.
This is also especially useful for those who have just begun, as they are often not aware of important issues from examination point of view and end up studying things a little randomly and endlessly.
IASTOPPER.COM will provide a locus and focus approach while dealing with the syllabus.
Timely tests help you understand what to focus on while studying, and make studying exam oriented, and organized and get Top 10 Rank in Civil Services exam
OBJECTIVES OF THIS PROGRAM : :-
- 1.The aim of the program is to groom the students with geography optional to approach the subject properly and learn how to write a proper geographical answer.
- 2.There have been several misconceptions spread in the market which have made the aspirants believe that it is impossible to score well in Geography. However, every year there is at least one person to get a top 10 rank. It means that if you write according to the demand of the question, you are definitely going to score well. The mentorship will provide you with this guideline.
- 3.To provide enough practice to the students so that they can feel comfortable with slightly twisted questions also.
SOME SPECIAL FEATURES OF IASTopper’s Geography Optional Testseries :-
- 1.This holistic program comprises of 3 Tiers Approach to provide comprehensive understanding of all important topics and improve ANSWER WRITING SKILLS. The philosophy behind this program is to go beyond test series by providing continuous guidance to the students in just 4 months.
- *Tier 1: UPSC Pattern Mock Test designed as per the latest pattern of questions being asked in Geography Optional paper. Questions act as trigger for learning what is required for the Main Exam.
- *Tier 2: Personal Mentoring Sessions to each student for personalized feedback and continuous improvement in Answer Writing.
- *Tier 3: Quality Enrichment Video Discussions for each paper to add value through ‘Keywords’ and ‘Structure/Presentation Improvement’ of answers
- 2.The most relied All India Test Series, so that every candidate can know where he stand among the REST OF HIS COMPETITORS.
- 3.There will be 12 sectional tests and 6 full length tests.
- 4.Detailed Syllabus for each test along with sources to study will be uploaded on our platform’
- 5.Mode of communication will be online
- 6.On due date :
- *Question paper , answer sheet and detailed solution will be sent to the enrolled students through e-mail .
- *You will have to send your answer sheet in pdf format (you can use camscanner app)
- *Evaluated Answer sheet will be reverted back within 10 working days.
- 7.Detailed and high quality solutions for each test will be provided ..
- 8.Complete flexibility in taking up the tests as per your suitability until tenth day of particular test .
- 9.There will be an extraordinary attention on answer writing with continuous feedback and improvement. There will be weekly One on One discussion with mentor..
- 10.All doubts will be clarified via E-mail, whatsapp , telegram or telephone .
- 11.The focus will be on bringing conceptual clarity and answer writing especially for first time aspirants so that they can compete with experienced candidates on equal footing in Mains 2020
IASTOPPER.COM is offering the best of the facilities for all aspirants to master the art of answer writing to score 300+ in Optional Subject in Mains.
It is time for you to gear up your preparation and master the art of answer writing under the guidance of the IASTopper’s experts faculty.
CLICK HERE to Subscribe Geography Optional Testseries