IASTopper.com's Mathematics Optional Testseries :-
“As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.” — Albert Einstein
Dear Aspirants ,
Often aspirants hesitate over choosing mathematics as an optional subjects due to the vastness of the syllabus and the time required to prepare for it.Choosing mathematics has many advantages over any theory or analytical based subject. Mathematics is easy but it requires lot of practice to reach the perfection .
Our efforts will not only save your quality time but also earn credit in generating quality answers. This Program will be very beneficial for Self Study Aspirants.
Why is Mathematics chosen as an Optional Subject ?
Let’s take a closer look at its advantages:-
a)Scoring – Maths is a scoring subject. There is literally no theory here to write about in the paper. You only need to understand the underlying theories and then solve problems accordingly. If you have prepared thoroughly and are able to write answers correctly and with accuracy, you can score maximum marks, more than any humanities subject. For instance, in 2017, the highest optional marks was 375 out of 500 which went to Anubhav Singh for mathematics optional.
b)Direct – the questions asked in this paper are generally direct and straight-forward. If you are good in mathematics and enjoy the subject, you should go for mathematics optional as you will find it easy to solve the papers with proper preparation of course.
c)Static – Maths is a static subject unlike some other humanities subjects. There is no linkage to current affairs here.
d)Competition – in this optional, you will face far less competition compared to some popular subjects.
e)Predictable – you can assess your performance once you have given the paper. There is no scope for subjectivity and nothing is left to the interpretation of the examiner.
Strategy To Prepare For Mathematics :-
1.Go through the maths syllabus in the beginning. Understand the syllabus and have it at the back of your mind all the time.
2.Then, make a list of books from where you will prepare each topic in the syllabus. For this, you can follow the specific topic-wise strategy we have given in this article. You can also take guidance from your seniors and mentors for this.
3.You should also go through the previous years’ question papers for maths optional so that you are aware of the most important and repeated topics from where questions are asked in the mains exam.
4.The way to go about preparing for this optional is simple – first read and understand the concepts and theorems. After that, devote 80% of the time in practicing the sums and the remaining 20% in revising them.
5.You must also practice the proofs of the theorems very well. It will help if you are able to prove and derive the theory or theorem from scratch. Sometimes, proofs of theorems are also asked in the exam particularly in Paper II.
6.Always prepare and keep a formula sheet ready. This will help you memorise certain formulae that would be needed to solve the problems.
7.Always practice maths with a relaxed mind. Panic can cause confusion and you will end up faring badly in the paper.
8.Practice is most important in this subject. Practice as much as you can as it will improve your speed.
9.It is very important to enrol for a good mains test series for maths optional. This is because exam-like practice will help you gain confidence and also teach you how to remain calm in the exam hall. It is possible that you might start off the paper with a difficult question and you aren’t able to solve it. Panic at this stage will ruin the whole paper for you. It is precisely to handle such situations that candidates are advised to join a test series and gain enough exam experience.
10.When you are solving the IAS exam papers, don’t worry about scaling and moderation. Your aim should be to score maximum. Always check your answers once after finishing them. Take out time for this as any careless mistakes can be rectified. Practicing test papers can ensure that you learn time management well enough to spare time for checking the answer
Considering all these factors we have come up with a comprehensive Test series for Mathematics.
We have divided the entire syllabus into small coverable parts that can be covered in days given in schedule. Within time frame, candidates can appear for a Test on the topics in well prepared manner. This will
a)help in checking their preparation on the topics mentioned.
b)get feedback and marks on the paper they have written.
c)cover the syllabus in a disciplined manner, which is otherwise difficult.
d)become aware of issues and questions on the topics being prepared.
This is also especially useful for those who have just begun, as they are often not aware of important issues from examination point of view and end up studying things a little randomly and endlessly.
IASTOPPER.COM will provide a locus and focus approach while dealing with the syllabus.
Timely tests help you understand what to focus on while studying, and make studying exam oriented, and organized and get Top 10 Rank in Civil Services exam
Primary Focus of Integrated Guidance Program:-
The Primary Focus of the Program will be
- a)Covering the entire syllabus via the Test Series in a disciplined manner before the Mains Examination.
- b)Providing vital inputs and feedback to improve answer quality and possible scores before it too late to make changes in one’s writing style. Beginning early helps in both improving the answers as well as absorbing the inputs given and implementing them..
- c)Providing Detailed Solutions to cover all dimensions of questions asked.
SOME SPECIAL FEATURES OF IASTopper’s Mathematics Optional Testseries :-
- 1.This holistic program comprises of 3 Tiers Approach to provide comprehensive understanding of all important topics and improve ANSWER WRITING SKILLS. The philosophy behind this program is to go beyond test series by providing continuous guidance to the students in just 4 months.
- *Tier 1: UPSC Pattern Mock Test designed as per the latest pattern of questions being asked in Mathematics paper. Questions act as trigger for learning what is required for the Main Exam.
- *Tier 2: Personal Mentoring Sessions to each student for personalized feedback and continuous improvement in Answer Writing.
- *Tier 3: Quality Enrichment Video Discussions for each paper to add value through ‘Keywords’ and ‘Structure/Presentation Improvement’ of answers
- 2.The most relied All India Test Series, so that every candidate can know where he stand among the REST OF HIS COMPETITORS.
- 3.There will be 12 sectional tests and 6 full length tests.
- 4.Detailed Syllabus for each test along with sources to study will be uploaded on our platform’
- 5.Mode of communication will be online
- 6.On due date :
- *Question paper , answer sheet and detailed solution will be sent to the enrolled students through e-mail .
- *You will have to send your answer sheet in pdf format (you can use camscanner app)
- *Evaluated Answer sheet will be reverted back within 10 working days.
- 7.Detailed and high quality solutions for each test will be provided ..
- 8.Complete flexibility in taking up the tests as per your suitability until tenth day of particular test .
- 9.There will be an extraordinary attention on answer writing with continuous feedback and improvement. There will be weekly One on One discussion with mentor..
- 10.All doubts will be clarified via E-mail, whatsapp , telegram or telephone .
- 11.The focus will be on bringing conceptual clarity and answer writing especially for first time aspirants so that they can compete with experienced candidates on equal footing in Mains 2020
IASTOPPER.COM is offering the best of the facilities for all aspirants to master the art of answer writing to score 300+ in Optional Subject in Mains.
It is time for you to gear up your preparation and master the art of answer writing under the guidance of the IASTopper’s experts faculty.
CLICK HERE to Subscribe Mathematics Testseries