IASTopper.com's PSIR Optional Testseries :-
““Even as individuals become families and families become communities, and communities become nations, so eventually must the nations draw together in peace.” ― Marjorie Watts
Dear Aspirants ,
POLITICAL SCIENCE AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS :
- *It deals with political and foreign affairs around the world.
- *In UPSC Civil Services Mains Examination, Political Science Optional consists of 2 papers (Paper I and Paper II).
- *Each paper is of 250 marks with a total of 500 marks
Before we let you know the merits of PSIR as an optional, please remove the notions and biases from your mind that might have developed from your discussions on various online forums and maybe with your friends and seniors. UPSC doesn’t intentionally “butcher” a subject. All the optionals have their distinct advantages and drawbacks but by no stretch of imagination would UPSC give preference to one optional over the other. What may happen though is that some optionals might have scored more than the others in a particular year but that trend gets reversed also. That is the unpredictability of the Civil Services Examination that we have to live with. In fact, till the time optionals remain a part of CSE, this unpredictability will remain. Also every year there is at least one person getting a top10 rank with the PSIR optional and many who are failing by taking other optional subjects
PSIR as an optional has always been popular among UPSC aspirants. Its popularity is owing to the following factors
before blaming UPSC for its so-called “bias” for or against any optional, try to find the reasons for not doing well by looking inward!
So coming to the point, let us enumerate the merits of PSIR as an optional to help you decide whether it’s the subject for you:
- 1.Concise syllabus compared to other optional subjects
- 2.Overlap with general studies is much higher than other subjects
- 3.Dynamic and analytical nature which helps in general studies and reduces burden of memorization
POLITICAL SCIENCE AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS can prove to be a smart choice considering a number of factors:-
- *It overlaps with almost the entire GENERAL STUDIES syllabus.
- *It has also witnessed many successful candidates.
- *Study material is easily available.
- *Helpful in preliminary exam as around 15 to 20 questions from Indian Polity and governance section are asked every year for sure.
- *Political Science integrates your prelims and mains preparation. Thus, saving time for other topics.
- *Most of the topics of GS paper II of Civil Services Main examination are covered under Political Science optional itself.
- *In GS paper 4 of Civil Services Main examination (Ethics, Integrity and aptitude), most of the thinkers are Political Science scholars.
- *Again, in the UPSC- Civil Services interview, some questions are asked from international relations irrespective of your academic background
IASTOPPER’S TEAM is Pleased to announce the test series for POLITICAL SCIENCE & INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS optional..
The Test series will be conducted by Our Top faculty of PSIR.
SOME SPECIAL FEATURES OF IASTopper’s PSIR Optional Testseries :-
- 1.This holistic program comprises of 3 Tiers Approach to provide comprehensive understanding of all important topics and improve ANSWER WRITING SKILLS. The philosophy behind this program is to go beyond test series by providing continuous guidance to the students in just 4 months.
- *Tier 1: UPSC Pattern Mock Test designed as per the latest pattern of questions being asked in PSIR Optional paper. Questions act as trigger for learning what is required for the Main Exam.
- *Tier 2: Personal Mentoring Sessions to each student for personalized feedback and continuous improvement in Answer Writing.
- *Tier 3: Quality Enrichment Video Discussions for each paper to add value through ‘Keywords’ and ‘Structure/Presentation Improvement’ of answers
- 2.The most relied All India Test Series, so that every candidate can know where he stand among the REST OF HIS COMPETITORS.
- 3.There will be 12 sectional tests and 6 full length tests.
- 4.Detailed Syllabus for each test along with sources to study will be uploaded on our platform’
- 5.Mode of communication will be online
- 6.On due date :
- *Question paper , answer sheet and detailed solution will be sent to the enrolled students through e-mail .
- *You will have to send your answer sheet in pdf format (you can use camscanner app)
- *Evaluated Answer sheet will be reverted back within 10 working days.
- 7.Detailed and high quality solutions for each test will be provided ..
- 8.Complete flexibility in taking up the tests as per your suitability until tenth day of particular test .
- 9.There will be an extraordinary attention on answer writing with continuous feedback and improvement. There will be weekly One on One discussion with mentor..
- 10.All doubts will be clarified via E-mail, whatsapp , telegram or telephone .
- 11.The focus will be on bringing conceptual clarity and answer writing especially for first time aspirants so that they can compete with experienced candidates on equal footing in Mains 2020
IASTOPPER.COM is offering the best of the facilities for all aspirants to master the art of answer writing to score 300+ in Optional Subject in Mains.
It is time for you to gear up your preparation and master the art of answer writing under the guidance of the IASTopper’s experts faculty.
CLICK HERE to Subscribe PSIR Optional Testseries