IASTopper.com's Public Administration Optional Testseries :-
“Systematic and sensible public administration in developing country shows its people how to function like a developed country.”― Amit Kalantri, Wealth of Words
Dear Aspirants ,
Public administration is one of the most popular optional subjects candidates opt for in the UPSC civil services exam. For instance, in 2012 almost 50% of the successful candidates had public administration as their optional subject. That is indeed a high number. This article talks about the pros and cons of taking public administration as the IAS optional subject. Choosing an optional is a tough decision and candidates break their head on this. Read on to see if public administration is suitable for you or not. Honestly, there is no best or worst optional, only the best fit for an individual
Why is Public Administration chosen as an Optional Subject ?
- 1.The subject basically gives you an idea about government mechanism. As future administrators, you should have this knowledge.
- 2.The subject is generally regarded as easy and simple to understand.
- 3.There is ample study material for public administration.
- 4.The questions are generally straightforward.
- 5.There is a lot of overlap with the general studies papers.
- 6.Studying this subject will help you even in the essay paper and in your IAS interview also.
Public administration overlap with General Studies:
Public administration covers almost 60% of the GS papers.
General studies paper II – topics overlap with public administration:
- *Indian constitution – evolution, features, amendments, etc.
- *Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States
- *Separation of powers between various organs
- *Dispute Redressal Mechanisms and institutions
- *Parliament and State Legislatures
- *Structure, organisation and functioning of the Executive and Judiciary
- *Ministries and Departments of the Government
- *Constitutional, statutory, regulatory and quasi-judicial bodies
- *Government policies and interventions for development in different sectors
- *Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections
- *Issues relating to poverty and hunger
- *Aspects of governance, transparency and accountability
- Role of civil services in a democracy
General studies paper III – topics overlap with public administration:
- *Disaster Management, Planning and Budgeting
- *Planning issues
- *Inclusive growth
- *Government budgeting
- *Disaster management
- *Challenges to internal security through communication networks
- *Role of media and social networking sites in internal security
- *Security forces and agencies and their mandate.
General studies paper IV (Ethics) – topics related to public administration:
- *Ethics and Human Interface (foundational concept of Administrative values & ethics of Public Administration)
- *Attitude: content, structure, function; its influence and relation with thought and behaviour; moral and political attitudes; social influence and persuasion.
Public administration and Essay Paper:
There will mostly be an essay topic from ‘Polity, Governance and Democracy
Considering all these factors we have come up with a comprehensive Test series for Public Administration.
OBJECTIVES OF THIS PROGRAM :
- *The aim of the program is to groom the students with Pub Ad optional to approach the subject properly and learn how to write a proper answer of Pub Ad.
- *There have been several misconceptions spread in the market which have made the aspirants believe that it is impossible to score well in Pub Ad. However, every year there is at least one person to get a top 10 rank. It means that if you write according to the demand of the question, you are definitely going to score well. The mentorship will provide you with this guideline.
*To provide enough practice to the students so that they can feel comfortable with slightly twisted questions also
SOME SPECIAL FEATURES OF IASTopper’s Public Administration Optional Testseries :-
- 1.This holistic program comprises of 3 Tiers Approach to provide comprehensive understanding of all important topics and improve ANSWER WRITING SKILLS. The philosophy behind this program is to go beyond test series by providing continuous guidance to the students in just 4 months.
- *Tier 1: UPSC Pattern Mock Test designed as per the latest pattern of questions being asked in Public Administration Optional paper. Questions act as trigger for learning what is required for the Main Exam.
- *Tier 2: Personal Mentoring Sessions to each student for personalized feedback and continuous improvement in Answer Writing.
- *Tier 3: Quality Enrichment Video Discussions for each paper to add value through ‘Keywords’ and ‘Structure/Presentation Improvement’ of answers
- 2.The most relied All India Test Series, so that every candidate can know where he stand among the REST OF HIS COMPETITORS.
- 3.There will be 12 sectional tests and 6 full length tests.
- 4.Detailed Syllabus for each test along with sources to study will be uploaded on our platform’
- 5.Mode of communication will be online
- 6.On due date :
- *Question paper , answer sheet and detailed solution will be sent to the enrolled students through e-mail .
- *You will have to send your answer sheet in pdf format (you can use camscanner app)
- *Evaluated Answer sheet will be reverted back within 10 working days.
- 7.Detailed and high quality solutions for each test will be provided ..
- 8.Complete flexibility in taking up the tests as per your suitability until tenth day of particular test .
- 9.There will be an extraordinary attention on answer writing with continuous feedback and improvement. There will be weekly One on One discussion with mentor..
- 10.All doubts will be clarified via E-mail, whatsapp , telegram or telephone .
- 11.The focus will be on bringing conceptual clarity and answer writing especially for first time aspirants so that they can compete with experienced candidates on equal footing in Mains 2020
IASTOPPER.COM is offering the best of the facilities for all aspirants to master the art of answer writing to score 300+ in Optional Subject in Mains.
It is time for you to gear up your preparation and master the art of answer writing under the guidance of the IASTopper’s experts faculty.
CLICK HERE to Subscribe Public Administration Testseries